# My Stories
This is where you can add, edit and remove stories in your Prewrite account.
# Add a Story
Click the + button to add a new story. You will be presented with an option to either import a script, or start a new Prewrite story from scratch. If you choose New Prewrite Story, you will be presented with a form for creating a new story.
# Import Final Draft or PDF
Prewrite allows you to import a screenplay as either a Final Draft(.fdx) or PDF file. Once imported we provide a host of powerful features that allow you to gain better insight into your story.
Prewrite Importer is currently in beta and has a few requirements we'll list below.
The Prewrite Importer will attempt to parse any Final Draft or PDF file you give it. That said, you can't always rely on a file having the proper formatting or xml data under the hood. For this reason we suggest you adhere to the following:
- Your screenplay should follow studio formatting guidelines View Example.
- Final Draft (.fdx) works best as it includes character/cast data but we recommend rebuilding your cast report in Final Draft first.
- PDFs should be exported directly from the following popular programs: Final Draft, Celtx, WriterDuet, Highland 2, Fade In.
- Remove all scene numbers as are found in a shooting script.
- Reformat two-column dialogue to one-column. Our system does not yet support two-column dialogue.
# Edit Story Details
Click the More button in the top right corner of a story thumbnail to edit the details of an existing story. Learn more about Story Details in the next section.